Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
A good friend and mentor of mine pretty much only uses Dektol. I can't fault him for it and the prints looks good. Yes, there's always an element of "silver bullet" searching I suppose but I do love to try different things. It's fun. I do absolutely think my prints with Ilford Warmtone dev'd in Ansco 130 look objectively "better" than my Ilford MGIV dev'd in Dektol. There's clearly a difference. Also MGIV + Dektol is definitely a bit on the cool side in paper tone. Neutol WA gives it a bit more neutrality. Of course all this is meaningless since MGIV isn't made anymore, but I haven't used any Classic to compare (I have two boxes on the shelf though once I finish up this last box of MGIV).

Do you think Dektol is just the perfect paper developer? Do you think there is nothing better?
No not necessarily , but I love PMK Pyro and many hear say it stinks compared to Pyrocat.. I just am a type of person that once I find something I can work with I stick with it.. Also as a professional printer you can understand that my inventory needs are off the charts .