Thread: 6x6SC vs. 6x6RC

6x6SC vs. 6x6RC

I just purchased a Kodak 11x14 2D camera. It currently has an adapter for 4x4 boards, however, I'm already standardized on 80mm Horseman, 140mm Sinar, and 6x6RC lensboards (with 80mm-to-Sinar and Sinar-to-6x6RC adapters). I shoot 2 different Horseman cameras for 4x5 and a Deardorff V8 for 8x10. Will it possible to use the 6x6RC lensboard, or do I need to factor in a 6x6SC adapter? Basically I'm trying to save a little money on the short term, long term I'll likely just get the Sinar-to-6x6SC adapter.

Zane

Re: 6x6SC vs. 6x6RC

I use a 6x6RC to Technical adapter board for both my Deardorff V8 and my 8x20 Korona Panoramic, even though the Korona uses 6x6SC lensboards.

If you wanted to be sure you could do a flashlight check, but I have had no problems.

Thank you, I thought it should work, and good advice on the flashlight check.

Thanks,
    Zane

Actually. I think the story goes that the elder Deardorff saw a number of lensboards with damaged corners (dropped?), so by going to the 6x6RC lensboards, his lensboards could be used on other cameras that used the 6x6SC lensbaords, but they would need to buy new lenboards from him to use on his Deardorffs with the 6x6RC lensboards...

It would seem the proprietary lens mount business precedes the non-compatibility we experienced in the small camera world...