Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay - lenses from Japan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Armentor1

Ebay - lenses from Japan

All, is there any reason to not buy the fuji lenses coming from Japan on ebay? Does anyone know what the import charges would be?
    According to a few forums i've been on it sounds like if less than $2000 and a legal item it should not cost anything.

Im looking for at this fuji 135 CMW 5.6

thanks -
    dave

Drew Wiley

Re: Ebay - lenses from Japan

I've personally had excellent results with Japanese dealers or camera stores. There are no import duties. As usual, carefully read item desciptions and shipping policy.

Armentor1

Great, thank you Drew.
    just wanted to be sure I wasn't over looking a detail on importing fees.
    best-
    da

I have imported some lenses from Japanese ebay (perhaps $500), no duty, no special fees. To avoid disappointment I urge careful study of the terms of return policy and the condition of the item.

I have bought several Fujinon lenses from eBay sellers in Japan and have never had a bad experience. They ship through the mail system and I've never had to pay a duty. In fact I'm waiting for one now!
    Terry

Lenses from Japan tend to be accurate and true descriptions. Mostly in excellent condition at a low price. Several of them have my colleagues, I have one great Fujinon-T 8/300. He came into a new state. Unfortunately in Europe we pay tax and cduty ...:

For the most part, Japanese sellers seem to be more truthful and honest than others... even in the good ol' USA. At any rate, it doesn't matter because eBay jealously protects its buyers.

Have bought several LF lenses from dealers in Japan on EBay. Conditions were exactly described or even better and like new. If you're buying a lens from a Japanese dealer, just don't rush. Usually took me a month or so to acquire the optic I was looking for. Waited for one in mint condition at a substantially lower than average price and always eventually found one. Just had to buy it immediately lest another EBayer beat me to it. I live in Connecticut, and the lenses I purchased from Japan always arrived before packages from California via the USPS... haven't got a clue why.

Foamer

I've bought several items of camera gear from Japan. Each item was nearly perfect and the price was great. I think there are a lot of photo gear collectors there who are getting older and are downsizing their collections with few local buyers. There is no "duty" for items coming into U.S. Sellers from Japan are now my most preferred.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I've bought several items of camera gear from Japan. Each item was nearly perfect and the price was great. I think there are a lot of photo gear collectors there who are getting older and are downsizing their collections with few local buyers. There is no "duty" for items coming into U.S. Sellers from Japan are now my most preferred.

Kent in SD
    Agreed.
    Honesty is a national trait with the Japanese and they take great pride in presenting their sales items well.
    Service is always excellent.
    T