Thread: Bogen 3047

altb

Bogen 3047

I found a tripod with this head at a flea market. It's in great condition but it doesn't have a manual. I've figured out pretty much everything, however I released the hexagonal plate and now I can't figure out how to get it back on properly. The guy I bought it from showed me all the functions, I think he was the owner and had used it, but he was quite quick and I missed this part. He demonstrated that everything works properly, though.

Could someone who has this particular head give me a few tips on how to set up the plate? I've looked high and low on google and haven't found anything.

Re: Bogen 3047

In order to replace the plate, you need first to turn the spring-loaded lever that holds it in. It has a beveled, round top with one side flat. When the flat side faces in, where the plate goes, the lever should lock. Place the plate in the base area with one point facing front (it may say "lens" with an arrow on the bottom of the plate) and press down, which releases the lever to lock it in.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

altb

Thanks so much! I just clipped it in twice!

There is Also a small safety latch that prevents the hex head plate from releasing. it's a small lever that turns 90°.

Also, NEVER transport one without a plate in it. The little pin that's under the cam that locks the plate down is bad to get hit and jammed

A little WD-40 on that pin and the threaded parts helps keep things working smoothly. I apply it with a paper towel and wipe away some of the grit with any excess lubricant.