Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New FLM Tripod for LF/ULF

Re: New FLM Tripod for LF/ULF

Thanks, Johnny!
    And yes, you can pick up in person when the tripods are ready, if you're up for that drive in February.
    I was in North Bay in 1996 when I was in the music business. Do they still have that store that sells "Guitars & Vacuum Cleaners"?

Heh, heh; yep, the store's still there and the guy still sells guitars.
    But they dropped the vacuum cleaners a few years ago and opened a pet grooming salon, so it's guitars and pet grooming now!
    Haven't been there in a long time, I live just outside the city.
    And yep, I forgot about the February delivery; maybe I'll get you to ship it after all, but I'll let you know. Thanks a ton!
    JLR

For decades, I travelled with a Velbon Carmagne 630 tripod that, at 22 1/2 inches, would just fit into my regular suitcase diagonally, without the head screwed on, but it is getting a bit worn now. The FLM CP 26 Travel Tripod at 15.35 inches fits nicely into a carryon and works well for medium format but my stability comfort level does not extend to a 4x5.
    Being 6 foot tall myself, I would normally want a taller tripod, but for travel, at 20.5 inches, this makes better sense and will go back into the regular suitcase as a sturdier tripod for when I want to travel with a larger camera. Just can't decide on a 75mm or 100mm head.

Hi Bill,
    Unless you're shooting 11x14 or larger, you won't need the 100mm system; the 75mm system is great for 8x10 and smaller.
    Here's the Toyo 810M attached to the Berlin with a 75mm adapter and leveling bowl. It's plenty strong for that kind of camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18767650514-ca9fed0e00-b_orig.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	171856

This also comes in handy when confronting ruffians and street thugs.

Hey all,
    Quick update: free shipping on the tripod is now available if you buy through Gadget Flow website (sign up required): https://thegadgetflow.com/portfolio/berlin-38-4-tripod/

Thanks!

Thanks, Bart; I'll first see if there's enough demand among photographers to keep making the tripod.
    It'd be nteresting to branch out as well.

Ladies and Gents,
    A gentle reminder that this project wraps up this Friday, December 1 at 11:59pm PST.
    We're 77% funded, and even if we don't meet our goal, everyone who orders a tripod will get one.
    If you shoot large format at all, this is one of the best investments you could make.
    Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Ladies and Gents,
    A gentle reminder that this project wraps up this Friday, December 1 at 11:59pm PST.
    We're 77% funded, and even if we don't meet our goal, everyone who orders a tripod will get one.
    If you shoot large format at all, this is one of the best investments you could make.
    Thanks for looking!

Really wish I had the funds for it, but there's no way I'll be able to justify such an investment for at least another 6 months.

Wish you well in your continued development, though!

Quote Originally Posted by MAubrey View Post

Really wish I had the funds for it, but there's no way I'll be able to justify such an investment for at least another 6 months.

Wish you well in your continued development, though!
    Thank you, that's very kind of you to say.
    Contact me in 6 months (or whenever), I might have a demo tripod by then.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in this discussion, and to the 2 forum members who bought the Berlin tripod.
    We ended at 93%, but all the orders will be filled, and we'll be developing some good accessories in the process.
    Those will serve us for any other bowl-capable tripods we make in the future.
    On a personal note, I'm surprised that more LF shooters didn't (I know that some couldn't) buy the tripod. It was designed with LF/ULF specifically in mind.
    The latest reviewer used the words "solid" and "steady" about 20 times; the tripod weighs just under 5 pounds, and was at a killer price.
    Anyhow, I've already started thinking about our next tripod, so if you have any thoughts about tripod features, you can email or PM me.
    Thank you