Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New FLM Tripod for LF/ULF

Re: New FLM Tripod for LF/ULF

Thanks, Johnny!
    And yes, you can pick up in person when the tripods are ready, if you're up for that drive in February.
    I was in North Bay in 1996 when I was in the music business. Do they still have that store that sells "Guitars & Vacuum Cleaners"?

Heh, heh; yep, the store's still there and the guy still sells guitars.
    But they dropped the vacuum cleaners a few years ago and opened a pet grooming salon, so it's guitars and pet grooming now!
    Haven't been there in a long time, I live just outside the city.
    And yep, I forgot about the February delivery; maybe I'll get you to ship it after all, but I'll let you know. Thanks a ton!
    JLR

For decades, I travelled with a Velbon Carmagne 630 tripod that, at 22 1/2 inches, would just fit into my regular suitcase diagonally, without the head screwed on, but it is getting a bit worn now. The FLM CP 26 Travel Tripod at 15.35 inches fits nicely into a carryon and works well for medium format but my stability comfort level does not extend to a 4x5.
    Being 6 foot tall myself, I would normally want a taller tripod, but for travel, at 20.5 inches, this makes better sense and will go back into the regular suitcase as a sturdier tripod for when I want to travel with a larger camera. Just can't decide on a 75mm or 100mm head.
    Bill
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Hi Bill,
    Unless you're shooting 11x14 or larger, you won't need the 100mm system; the 75mm system is great for 8x10 and smaller.
    Here's the Toyo 810M attached to the Berlin with a 75mm adapter and leveling bowl. It's plenty strong for that kind of camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18767650514-ca9fed0e00-b_orig.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	171856

This also comes in handy when confronting ruffians and street thugs.

Hey all,
    Quick update: free shipping on the tripod is now available if you buy through Gadget Flow website (sign up required): https://thegadgetflow.com/portfolio/berlin-38-4-tripod/

Thanks!

Ari you should consider branching out into the precision rifle shooting market with these, RRS has grown into quite a respectable brand in the shooting community. And some of those guys love to spend serious money.

Thanks, Bart; I'll first see if there's enough demand among photographers to keep making the tripod.
    It'd be nteresting to branch out as well.