I recently acquired a 4x5 Crown Graphic – partly as a portable complement to my Linhof monorail, partly in hope to use it as a wide angle camera.

I already own a 90/5.6 SA but would like a wider lens. I'm looking at the more affordable options in 65-75mm lenses and have some questions:

1. Looking at flange focal distances of some of these lenses and sticking a ruler into the camera, it seems to me that most 75mm lenses would sit at or near the hinges of the rails. It leads me to think a 65mm would be simpler to use – the lens would sit firmly on the inner rails and apart from dropping the bed out of view, no extra fiddling with the setup would be needed. Does this make sense?

2. Specifically concerning the Super Angulon 65/8... I am aware of the coverage limits. But what about focussing? Is it still feasible at 65mm and f/8? My camera has the original fresnel lens setup (as far as I can tell) and I'd like to keep it that way. I can focus my 121/8 SA on the Linhof (no fresnel) but that's not nearly as wide.

3. Is it possible to fold the camera with a 65/8 SA inside?

thanks in advance