Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: report from Chicago

report from Chicago

>>Boy, your students must love you. As they say those who can do, those who cant teach...

and some people do both`... aren't you the guy that got turned down for a piece in Viewcamera?

report from Chicago

True Julian,

Although, he appears to only sell thru Ebay. You make your own judgement on that one ;-)

report from Chicago

aren't you the guy that got turned down for a piece in Viewcamera?

Yes I was, and it seems it was a blessing in disguise. As to doing both, jack of all trades, master of none.....

At least whomever buys my prints are assured it will last more than their vegtables and I dont have to do weddings.....that should be a good indication of where each one of us is.....

report from Chicago

you really are a nasty piece of work aren't you. No facts, loads of supposition, biased rhetoric, old wives tales instead of logic... just to correct your last attack,
    Ansel Adams taught, he was also a pianist.
    Gary Winogrand taught,
    Alex Webb teaches,
    Walker Evans taught,
    Charlie Harbutt teaches,
    Meyerowitz teaches,
    Geoffrey James teaches,
    Xavier Ribas teaches,
    Jem Southam teaches,
    Stephen Shore teaches,
    John Davis teaches,
    Alec Soth teaches /taught,
    Patrick Shanahan teaches etc etc etc etc

report from Chicago

LOL...no facts, or no facts that agree with you? How would you know logic? there is nothing you have posted that indicates you are a master at it either. I am no more nasty than you are, and please, do not even try to compare yourself to those you mentioned, you are not even close.....there is a world of difference between you and them.

report from Chicago

Jorge, you really are in nasty little man mode aren't you. It's not often you see a grown adult making such a fool of themselves.

For the record, what I see of Julian's work is quite exceptional and is apparently thought so by a number of galleries and collectors.

report from Chicago

It's not often you see a grown adult making such a fool of themselves.

Surely you are including yourself with this sentence, right? If you take a look at this thread you will see I never addressed Julian until he started dishing it at me. Apparently your and his definition of being nasty is one where you dish it out but start whining when you get some of your own medicine back. I dont know who Julian is, I have never even discussed anything with him in this or any other forum until he decided to take his pot shot at me....so who is the little man now, huh?

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

report from Chicago

"you really talk ignorant bullshit"

"you really are in nasty little man mode aren't you"

"....so who is the little man now, huh?"

"you really are a nasty piece of work aren't you."

I give it three more posts before someone brings up someone else's mother...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

report from Chicago

My mom will get ya for that.....

report from Chicago

>> there is nothing you have posted that indicates you are a master a

Master? I make no such claims. Yet again you set up a straw man of your own devising to burn down. But I can take a stab at logic... hmm... let me see.. 'fading memories'
    Everything fades, the only thing that changes is the degree and speed. You make no such qualifiers so the word is redundant and can be struck from the sentence. 'Memories'... photographs are not memories, they are images. They may or may not be involved with memory, they may or may not pertain to memory, but the objects themselves are not. So that can be struck too. You may be implying that inkjet prints fade so quickly that they rapidly become memories - there is no empirical data that with the current state of the art this is the case. Which leaves us with a useless statement.
    Now, drawing from the work of Montaigne (who came up with much of his philosophy from the sometimes lack of performance of his penis, which may or may not be relevant) we can look at why you are concerned with fading memories, could be to do with inadequacy, desire to leave something behind you, an over preoccupation with nostalgia.. all of which has nothing to do with art, and nothing to do with the initial statement of Kirk's which you have hijacked. As to Kirk's statement - I have never been asked about my process. I have been asked about how I frame, as some people don't like the diasec treatment I prefer. All my work is C-prints, which actually fade faster than inkjet, but I prefer the framing options it gives me, but AFAIAC, I will not stop anyone using whichever process they prefer. I am also not arrogant enough to tell someone what is or isn't photography . I therefore don't need to provide data to counter your uninformed views as I am not trying to stop other people doing with their work what they feel.
    You are engaged in a kind of photographic Talebanism which I find repugnant.
    Now, following on from Montaigne's views on inadequacy (did I mention he was overconcerned with his penis?), I know that you will need to have the last word, so have it. BTW my dad is bigger than your dad...