Thread: Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

To whom itmay concern,

Robert Green, who spent most of his life perfecting carbro/carbon printing has passed away at the ageof 86 on Nov 16th, 2009. He still is possession of the original german pigments for tri-color and mono chrome. His darkroom is so vast and extensive I don't even know where to begind dismantling it. He does own a durst laborator enlarger as well as 2 other enlardgers. Ant questions I can be reached at jamiehymowitz@aol.com. Everything that Jens Jensen said about Robert is true.

Re: Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by jamiehymowitz View Post
    To whom itmay concern,

Robert Green, who spent most of his life perfecting carbro/carbon printing has passed away at the ageof 86 on Nov 16th, 2009. He still is possession of the original german pigments for tri-color and mono chrome. His darkroom is so vast and extensive I don't even know where to begind dismantling it. He does own a durst laborator enlarger as well as 2 other enlardgers. Ant questions I can be reached at jamiehymowitz@aol.com. Everything that Jens Jensen said about Robert is true.
    I am sorry to hear of the passing of Dr. Green. Although I never met him our shared love for the carbon process links us in spirit through time.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I too am sorry that he has passed away. I talked with him way back in the 1980s about carbon printing, he was very helpful in answering my questions. I also bought tissue from him and his book on the subject. he was a helpful and nice person.

I took Dr. Green's Carbro printing course at his home in Ft Wayne, IN. Of course, I learned much more than printing from Dr. Green. He was a polymath and had a love for saving the old methods. I'll always treasure the time I was able to spend with him.

I made a total of one carbro print (it's quite difficult), then I learned dye transfer printing from Paul Elmi. After making a few dye transfer prints, I took Paul's advice and made Cibachrome prints.