Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classifieds??

Re: Classifieds??

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Should be able to find a cheap speed graphic with focal plane shutter on eBay. Cheap barrel lenses as well. The speed graphics work just fine for wet plate
    With the focal plane shutter does that mean I can use electronic sync to flash to decrease exposure time for portraits in the field? Or constant studio lighting only?

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by thevegasrealtor View Post
    With the focal plane shutter does that mean I can use electronic sync to flash to decrease exposure time for portraits in the field? Or constant studio lighting only?
    I believe this has been mentioned to you that the Speed Graphic/ Graflex Super D focal plain shutters do not have electronic flash sync as in NONE, only flash bulb sync.

Also mentioned to you was that w/ wet plate photography a focal plain shutter is useless as the slowest speed is to fast for wet plate exposure.Again mentioned earlier a hat or cap or if you want to Packard shutter will do.

Ah yeah I see that now. Didn't get any notification for that thread that anyone replied. So guess I'll rule that out then

Ah yeah I see that now. Didn't get any notification for that thread that anyone replied. So guess I'll rule that out then
    This site doesn't send notifications of replies. You'll have to look for replies unless you want to feel ignored and alone.

Also mentioned to you was that w/ wet plate photography a focal plain shutter is useless as the slowest speed is to fast for wet plate exposure.Again mentioned earlier a hat or cap or if you want to Packard shutter will do.[/QUOTE]

You can use the T setting on the focal plane shutter easy enough. Just as good as a packard shutter. The only drawback I see with the speed graphics is the size of the plates, sometimes bigger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    This site doesn't send notifications of replies. You'll have to look for replies unless you want to feel ignored and alone.
    Some group readers do notify of responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    You can subscribe to a thread to receive notification of new posts.

loujon

Also mentioned to you was that w/ wet plate photography a focal plain shutter is useless as the slowest speed is to fast for wet plate exposure.Again mentioned earlier a hat or cap or if you want to Packard shutter will do.
    You can use the T setting on the focal plane shutter easy enough. Just as good as a packard shutter. The only drawback I see with the speed graphics is the size of the plates, sometimes bigger is better.
    Yea I understand this Eric and I know you know whats what but the OP is obviously a new member who must not be up to speed yet ( no pun ).
    So it's one thing if he already has a Speeder and wants to know if it can be used for wet plate photography but instead he is looking for a 1st camera w/ wet plate being his 1st priority so if I where suggesting a first wet plate camera it would be something like a Kodak 2d 8x10 in nice condition w/ a couple different formats/backs. It has all the movements he would need for wet plate use(and film). If in good condition it's front standard is strong enough for big Petzvals and generous enough sized lens board to take the larger aperture lenses. a 8x10 Claumet green monster would work well as would a few other affordable vintage 8x10's w/ generous sized lens baords.
    Then after he gets going he can add Speed Graphic then a F1 Chamonix then a 8x10 Canham Wood standard, then a 5x7 Ansco/Agfa Universal ,then a Century 10a, then a 20x24 Black Art Then a..................

Having the ability to change formats would be nice. Was thinking I could get separate 4x5 and 8x10 but to have all in one would be cool, like the 2d and I'm sure others.

loujon

Having the ability to change formats would be nice. Was thinking I could get separate 4x5 and 8x10 but to have all in one would be cool, like the 2d and I'm sure others.
    Hey how about that!Read my last post. To darn funny