Since we were getting off topic from the previous discussion in ULF and the Lotus camera, felt it was appropriate to start a new thread.

As per your previous mention of your tripod Greg, I can attest I have a Linhof Heavy Duty Tripod and it is the heaviest piece of photographic equipment I have ever handled. It must have been designed for the studio and as a result it holds my Linhof 8x10 Color Karden triplex in the basement. The Ries A100 with the 250 adjustable head is a great option for ULF as it has a large metal base on the head of 6x6". I also use a Majestic tripod with a 1200 head that has a large base platform and the Majestic serves a unique purpose in the sense that it is not much heavier than the Ries and allows me to use its two rise features to gain a proper higher perspective when needed. It is amazing sometimes when even a few get of higher view can change the manner with which the compositional elements come together in a shot and with a light weight aluminum ladder behind it.

Not sure if Jim was talking about the Kessler tripod or a quick release component. I went to their website and was not sure what they offer to use as a quick release for LF cameras. I will let Jim chime in when he can and clarify his comment.