Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An open letter to Ron Wisner

An open letter to Ron Wisner

I was considering purchasing one of his cameras. FORGET IT! I've been in business over twenty years and I have never knowingly cheated anyone in product or money and not honored it immeadiatly!

You deserve to lose your business and others in the hobby should be made aware of your questionable, purely underhanded and intentional tactics to defraud others!

I love happy endings...
    What about this end?

Mr. Wisner notified my on Sunday that he had initiated the refund. I just checked with my bank (today is Wednesday), and the refund has been credited to my account.

This issue has now been resolved, and my open letter has been removed from posting. While I cannot say that my dealings with Mr. Wisner have been completely satisfactory, I wish him good luck in his future business. I know that Mr. Wisner can build very fine cameras given his own timeline (a true craftsman!), and I hope that he can keep focusing on that.

- Lars

That's a Happy Ending!!!
    Thank you Lars

That's a Happy Ending!!!
    Thank you Lars (and Ron)

How about we all take a deep breath and ease up on Mr. Wisner, shall we?

I'm sure that many of the folks posting to this forum understand the theory behind operating a business and it's many details. Unfortunately, theory and practice often part ways, and to some, criticism of another's business practices comes far to easy and with a heavy hand. Furthermore, it seems this post has turned into more of a Ron-bashing episode then an actual problem solving think-tank.

I am by no means exonerating Ron Wisner's lapses. But refusing to recognize his "lapses" for what they truly are, opting rather to attack Mr. Wisner's integrity and character for the sake of venting personal frustration is not only unjust but also does very little if anything to bring our dear colleage any closer to procurring his rightful dues.

I truly feel for anyone who has had to wait 2 years (omg!) for a refund. It does suck. But it does not make Ron Wisner a scoundrel or a fraud. Need I remind anyone how long Mr. Wisner has been in the business of providing us all with the finest in LF cameras? Do we simply disregard his years of service to our community because of lapses in his business practices as of recent?

Surely the foregoing makes for a judgement that is anything but even-handed.

I think Ron Wisner is wrong for having made people wait so long for what is rightfully theirs. I think it's irresponsible and quite frankly, lousy business. But I also believe that Mr. Wisner has gotten the message loud and clear.

So what say we put away the baseball bat and give the guy a chance to make ammends? Lest he who is without sin cast the first stone!

Cheers
    Daniel Balfour