Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An open letter to Ron Wisner

An open letter to Ron Wisner

Ron,

The correct course of action here would be to cut a check immediately followed by a letter of apology. Being a "disorganized" businessman is not a good excuse. I think you have done harm to your business.

Regards,

Greg

Ron has always been straight up with me. Admittedly, I was always a small (4x5) customer and I bought my dearly missed camera from a dealer (Del's, who appearently also had issues). The good news is that my beloved Tech is much closer to the home of her birth. Of course, I can't even begin to contemplate the 12"x20", but I'm sure she would be very nice.

Well done Lars - seems like making this public was the only way to get your hard-earned cash back after so long, and that's a crying shame. The only way I'll ever buy a Wisner is via anyone else other than the maker. I hope your trouble, time and material loss are reflected in the refund.

Regards,
    Neil.

Apparently Lars was not the only one in the past who had trouble buying a camera from Ron Wisner.

I was thinking about purchasing an 11 x 14 from him. But now I think that would be a very bad idea.

I will stick with my Zone VI and Phillips 8 x 10 cameras. Both are well made and do a very nice job indeed!

It is great to see Ron Wisner making good here, and we should be encouraging him, not dinging him for getting his act together. Good luck Ron.

I find it amusing that Mr. Wisner would dare to " disabuse" Michael of " several assumptions".
    Considering that Michael has a brand new 8x20 reducing back being repaired I believe that he has earned the right to his assumptions. Mr. Kadillak was too much of a gentleman to mention this in his post.

If Wisner would pay Mr. Kadillak's repair bill for his (Wisners) shoddy workmanship, then perhaps one could see a change.

I have to agree with Frank on this one...

Ron, here's your chance to demonstrate your integrity and refund any monies owing to the good folks who have entrusted you to come through. It's do or die time and I, for one, sincerely hope that you follow through on your word.

Remember, a mans word is all that he truly has and he'll be judged accordingly.

In addition to the above, I've also posted the following comment on another site...

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Cxji

Let's keep our fingers crossed in the hope that he comes through!

Ron,

There's a few of us here that are encouraging you to "do the right thing." This is all about us supporting and encouraging you.

Please don't let us down!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Hey Jim!

You are very correct about my new camera back being repaired. Through Jeff Wheeler, a very professional and gracious intermediary, Ron did make an offer to make the repairs. However, considering the fact that: 1) I did not want to accept the risk that the back would for a fact be back in my hands this year and 2) Richard Ritter mentioned that a normal portion of his business is performing repairs on new and used Wisner cameras (including another out of spec reducing back within the last 30 days) I opted for the former.

I know for a fact that I can trust Richard Ritter. The best word I could come up for Ron was "hope". Unfortunately, hope will not do a damn thing for me in LF.

Don't get me wrong Frank, I am all for being reasonable and encouraging in the hope that a ray of light will hit home and a new chapter in the book will render the preceding dialog redundant. But lets be real. If for whatever reason it was your cash on the line with ANY non performing counterparty you would be as hot as an annealing furnace in a steel mill.

Talk is cheap. Lets see what happens this fall with real life executables. Nothing else really matters.

Onward!

Lars:

After holding your money for more than two years without rendering you any value in return, Wisner also owes you substantial interest.

If you are willing to lend him $4,200.00 interest free for >two years, will you do the same for me? I can't find any banks around here who will.

I hope Ron gets it together in this downsizing, because his product is great (I own a 4x5 Technical and would consider getting an 8x10).

Go for it Ron. Hire some hotshot business manager. Good luck.