Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Third party Jobo tanks on eBay.

Re: Third party Jobo tanks on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Well, the only agitation scheme I'd use it for would be constant on the Beseler roller base, and I've only done constant with Pyrocat MC. I should try another developer.

I DID successfully do two sheets only, modifying how I loaded them to minimize the impact of the clips on the circulation and that worked fairly well. This was the result.
    2 sheets total, or 2 per side (4 total). 2 total is a bummer, 2 per side is sort of a bummer but if they're more secure than processing them 4 at a time in the Jobo 2830 tank, maybe it's still worth it. I just keep fearing they'll shift in the 2830 since they're barely retained by the ribs on the tank.

I'm liking the B-W King 5x7 tank, but you really can't put it on a motor base for continuous agitation...

Quote Originally Posted by williaty View Post
    2 sheets total, or 2 per side (4 total). 2 total is a bummer, 2 per side is sort of a bummer but if they're more secure than processing them 4 at a time in the Jobo 2830 tank, maybe it's still worth it. I just keep fearing they'll shift in the 2830 since they're barely retained by the ribs on the tank.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Few years ago purchased a new in box JOBO 3062 tank from a dealer here in the USA. Last year saw a JOBO tank up on eBay from a private party that was described as being a "JOBO 3062" but without any printed lettering on it. Price was 1/2 of what I paid for my OEM tank. Took a chance and bought it. Side by side the tanks are totally identical except for the printed JOBO text on one. The drum lid that came with the unlabeled tank matches my JOBO lid except for the three attachment tabs. Both lids work flawlessly on either tank. If the unlabeled tank and lid were made by a 2nd or 3rd party, well I have to say that their quality control was equal to JOBO's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JOBOtanks.jpg  

The "Poilot" tanks on eBay are fine, they are a bit thinner, wobble a bit on the motor base, and though the top doesn't leak, it doesn't feel quite as solidly attached so I'm gentle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Few years ago purchased a new in box JOBO 3062 tank from a dealer here in the USA. Last year saw a JOBO tank up on eBay from a private party that was described as being a "JOBO 3062" but without any printed lettering on it. Price was 1/2 of what I paid for my OEM tank. Took a chance and bought it. Side by side the tanks are totally identical except for the printed JOBO text on one. The drum lid that came with the unlabeled tank matches my JOBO lid except for the three attachment tabs. Both lids work flawlessly on either tank. If the unlabeled tank and lid were made by a 2nd or 3rd party, well I have to say that their quality control was equal to JOBO's.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    The "Poilot" tanks on eBay are fine, they are a bit thinner, wobble a bit on the motor base, and though the top doesn't leak, it doesn't feel quite as solidly attached so I'm gentle with it.
    Thanks for the info. Just measured the walls on both tanks with a micrometer and they are essentially the same thickness. Coming to think that both tanks are JOBOs, one just was never labeled. Also just noticed that the drum lids that came with each tank... both have "03 057" embossed in the plastic.

I'm a genuine Jobo fan. I have bought most everything used. I think that much of the Chinese made copies are sold in China. Who ever is doing it is making an effort, but is falling somewhat short.
    Getting out a big processor with a lift is great when you have 10 rolls of 120. I still use SS tanks and reels for a couple of rolls of black and white.
    I have a CPP2 w/lift, a Duolab and a motorized Jobo Colorbase, I use them all firm time to time.