Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digital Submissions

Digital Submissions

You should have titled this dialup beware, High Speed only.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Digital Submissions

"This document is HUGE. it is 17 megs, I would not reccomend posting this on a website."

oh, yeah, i only have it on the website so i can get some feedback. it's meant to be given on a cd.
    i've noticed that some places take images on cds don't review work on the web (for whatever reason).
    this kind of format gives you some of the functionality and organization of a website, but in a package you can hand to someone or mail to them.

Tim, what's the typo? i hope it isn't too embarassing ... i handed copies to a few galleries yesterday.

Digital Submissions

Almost anytime you specify a specific open-able file in a URL the browser will attempt to open it - it's what they do. Your best best is, as Darwin suggests, taking them to a page and asking them to right-click to download. Unfortunately your intended audience WILL NOT read those instructions and will just click, so I've found that compressing the files (zip, etc) will force a download. You can also get some nice workarounds if you're using a web application platform such as .ASP, .PHP or ColdFusion, but that's likely to be more work than most people want to undertake.