Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel BIGLER View Post
Hello Marco !

- If you use the Imagon at full aperture without the special diaphragm, you get an image which is less interesting, it is simply, expressed in modern language, a poor image delivered by a poorly corrected lens

- Out of focus images taken with an Imagon have a strange look, due to the fact that strongly defocused part of the image are created by the projection of the shapes in the diaphragm.

Hello, Emmanuelle,

that's my first time that I don' t agree with your statements.
Probably it's a matter of taste, but I love the Imagon wide open and without any disc.

Imagon 200mm, Xray, 5x7":
Attachment 170494

Imagon 200mm, 4x5":

Attachment 170495

This nearly gives the characteristically look of a meniskus, with all the lovely fuzz and glow.

The projection of the shapes from the original diaphragm has more to do with highlights and with "disc open" than with "out of focus".

Par example, for giving the picture a special flair it is necessary to bring the lens a bit out of focus, but it's mostly a matter of light to have or not to have this projections called "Kühn-bedbugs" in our country.
Mainly this bedbugs are hooking on highlights, so creating great glow with a lot of light and an opened aperture disc is difficult if not unpossible without this ugly projections.

Ritchie