Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another lab bites the dust

Re: Another lab bites the dust

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuiting View Post
    I highly recommend doing it all yourself if you can buy a new Jobo (usually a new Jobo can be had for the price of jobo parts and the headache of shipping that thing somewhere to get it fixed).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last time I looked a new Jobo was around $3400, if by "New" you meant fresh from the factory. Mine is probably 15 years old and it just took its first trip back to Boston to
    be repaired. I like it, but biggest problem around here is the 90 degree "cold" water in the summer. Makes me wish Ilford made XP2 in 4 x 5.

Re: Another lab bites the dust

I just got my first Jobo, CPE2. I love it. Got it from a local camera shop here in Tulsa. I am very pleased with it. It needed some slight repairs, the red bezel was showing signs of fatigue and I had to glue a dowel rod into a space underneath it to strengthen where it goes from the 600ml to the tubes. Other than that minor repair. It works great. I should have invested a long time ago. I do my own B&W, C-41 and E6. 35mm and 120. I have been on the fence for a long time on going to LF. Just can't afford a camera. Processing the C-41 and E6 at home has not been that difficult. You just have to really maintain consistency with times and temp to get the best consistent results.