Thread: Darkroom available in Madison, Wisconsin USA

Darkroom available in Madison, Wisconsin USA

PhotoMidwest (formerly The Center for Photography in Madison) has a new darkroom at our new location, 700 Rayovac Dr., Madison WI.

Film developing equipment is available for 35mm up to 4x5" sheet film. Wet film can be hung in a drying cabinet; film on metal developing reels can also be dried on our blower drier.

There are three Saunders/Omega/LPL 4500 series enlargers that can enlarge negative sizes from 35mm up to 4x5". All three enlargers are equipped with variable contrast heads if you want to use variable contrast paper. Enlarging easels and print developing trays are available for prints up to 23 x 25". There are two archival print washers and two print dryers.

All of this is in a well lit darkroom due to the two Thomas Duplex Supersafelights with their low pressure sodium vapor bulbs.

PhotoMidwest members can reserve darkroom time online in real-time on the PhotoMidwest website. Payment for darkroom time is also done online via the website.

For more information and to become a member, please visit the new PhotoMidwest website at: www.PhotoMidwest.Org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC5128.jpg   _DSC5115.jpg   FullSizeRender, no meta.jpg   IMG_3331-1920px.jpg  
    Last edited by Megapixel; 25-Apr-2022 at 23:27. Reason: update of darkroom equipment

Re: Darkroom available in Madison, Wisconsin USA

Wow! Good luck to you. Madtown is just right for that. Gosh, I miss it.

(Long ago I was stationed at long-gone Truax AFB and my mate was a waitress on the capital street in Madtown (Madison))

Note, we replaced the pictured Leitz enlarger with a third LPL 4500 series. One of the LPL 4500's will have the LPL mixing box dedicated for 35 mm negatives, thus ensuring a brighter projected image.

John Olsen

I'll endorse this darkroom in Madison. I've been developing my film there for the last few months and it's been very useful. It's clean and well maintained and I've gotten to know many local photographers through the Photomidwest club. If you're within driving distance, give it a try.

I love Madison

Almost sorry I did not move there in retirement

but it has become too expensive and it needs the train back
    Tin Can

This looks amazing. Madison is an amazing place to be.