Sorry I but I have not been keeping up with this post. The bottom line is that when it works your Epson printer is a decent printer. When it doesn’t it’s a near useless except to burn ink and paper, which equates to money. If I were you I would consider carefully if you need a printer this size. For very reasonable money you can get some awesome 24” printers. If you want to really try and make this printer work you need to take a completely different approach.

First off file sizes are not your problem. I have set 4GB files to a Epson 9800 series printer. Any issues I had (to included inconsistent color shifts) were not because of the file size. There may be a problem with the print head itself. If that is the issue than I would junk the printer. You won’t fix it for less than $1000. What I would do is decide on one really good fine art paper that you want to use. Contact Eric Joseph at Freestyle Photographic and give him your history of printing problems. Tell him you spoke with me through the forum. If he thinks the problems printing are not a print head issue have him make a custom profile for the one fine art paper you chose. Custom profiles are $100 and you will save far more in paper and ink than the $100 you will spend on it.

I could bore you to death on paper profiles and ICC standards and totally nerd out on printing. But I will spare you that torture. Eric does some amazing lectures on printing (one is this Thursday at the college I teach at http://www.freestylephoto.biz/inkjet...ing-open-house) and anyone who cares about printing on fine art inkjet printer should attend at least one of his seminars. They are usually free.

Hope this helps.

-Joshua