Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Street Studios-Sandy King, Sam Wang and Zhong Jianming

Re: Gold Street Studios-Sandy King, Sam Wang and Zhong Jianming

Good to know, Mick. I'm going there tomorrow. I'm really excited to see Sandy's work, having admired it so much via the web. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I will be part of a three-person exhibition at Gold Street Studios in Australia beginning soon. Gold Street is located in Trentham East, Victoria.

http://www.goldstreetstudios.com.au/...d=%5BUNIQID%5D

The exhibition is entitled Connections and opens September 20th and continues to November 19th 2017

This is about connecting at many levels – photography, countries, sharing, teaching and the pure pleasure of the craft. Making photographic connections between China and USA to create this special exhibition available to Australians. This is a blend of carbon prints for Sandy King – including three colour carbons and cyanotype over palladium by Sam Wang and hand crafted carbon prints by Zhong Jianming.

Sandy
    Mis-spelling of Mr. Zhong's name is on the title in the page.

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Well I've just returned from seeing this and despite lunch and a couple of hours chat and time to reflect, I'm still overawed. My over-riding comment is that all of the work displayed exceptional craftsmanship, printing skill in of the highest order. The show consists of straight carbon transfer from Sandy and Jiangming, three-colour carbon from Sandy, cyanotype from Jianming and platinum/paladium with cyanotype from Sam. The vision of each artist of course is unique, but the work of each is powerful in its own way. All of the images are very fine and each stands out by virtue of its composition or handling of the media. My daughter asked me which was my favourite: several hours later I still can't make up my mind. I agree with Mick (post#6) that the composition and tonality of Jianming's fishing boat is very striking, but so are Sandy's tree subjects, and Jianming's architectural studies. Then Sam Wang's cyanotype over platinum, one in particular, is so delicate that the image is ethereal. Then Sandy's three colour carbon... I can't imagine the technical skill required to do this, yet the results are vibrant and superb. It's a small exhibition, but the images are powerful and memorable for their photographic quality. I *think* for me the Sandy's 'Lost Dream' depicting an old car in an overgrown jungle is the stand-out image. It's printed with consummate skill (of course) and has an enormous tonal range from near black to bright, detailed highlights, and every tone in between. It's a brilliant image (tonally) and memorable, as are many if not all of them. If anyone can get to see this they will not be sorry. This will certainly stand out in time to come for me.

Going to be great to see this work on the wall as opposed to online. I missed Tim Rudman at both venues due to bad timing and stuff. Hopefully this won't happen again with this exhibition.
    Cheers Shane