Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small, but powerful -- micro LF lenses

Re: Small, but powerful -- micro LF lenses

You're clinging. The front and rear cells' inner elements aren't identical..

One interesting observation I made while servicing 35mm pro lab slide dupers (that used enlarging lenses) was that when used at exactly 1:1, most standard enlarger lenses (Componons, etc) started to get quite mushy, but if I backed off the distance slightly to allow some frame edges, the images became tack sharp, so I figured that was the limit of forward mounted lenses on these... Managed to reverse some lenses, but some didn't fit inside the lens cone, bellows or fixed mounting, so I added a +2 close-up lens on these, and they finally shot very sharp...

Just a thought...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Managed to reverse some lenses, but some didn't fit inside the lens cone, bellows or fixed mounting, so I added a +2 close-up lens on these, and they finally shot very sharp...

Just a thought...

Steve K
    You are right on target. I should have thought of that. Just because I don't need to do that, doesn't mean that it will not be a big help to others. I'll add your idea to my "supplementary lenses" page -- http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/close-up.htm. Thanks!!

And, of course, when using a "close-up filter" as you suggest, it is best to use the best quality "supplementary lens" as possible. Most have only one element, but some have two, a few three, and a couple have four! This is important to keep the edges of the image as sharp as possible.

Here is a great website that lists, probably, 99% of the 2+ element "close-up filters". Single element optics can be used, but quality will not be at its best:

http://fuzzcraft.com/achromats.html

If you happen to have any additional information for the list, I'm sure the author would appreciate it. I was about to give him info on a couple of Minolta items that he didn't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    You are right on target. I should have thought of that. Just because I don't need to do that, doesn't mean that it will not be a big help to others. I'll add your idea to my "supplementary lenses" page -- http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/close-up.htm. Thanks!!

And, of course, when using a "close-up filter" as you suggest, it is best to use the best quality "supplementary lens" as possible. Most have only one element, but some have two, a few three, and a couple have four! This is important to keep the edges of the image as sharp as possible.

Here is a great website that lists, probably, 99% of the 2+ element "close-up filters". Single element optics can be used, but quality will not be at its best:

http://fuzzcraft.com/achromats.html

If you happen to have any additional information for the list, I'm sure the author would appreciate it. I was about to give him info on a couple of Minolta items that he didn't know about.
    Multiple element + lenses are called achromats and they are much more expensive then single element close up lenses.