Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon - Leaning Toward Argentina or NZ (Early February)

Re: Honeymoon - Leaning Toward Argentina or NZ (Early February)

Thanks again for all the advice. I will send you a message/email David!

Friendly bump for any advice. I messaged you David, let me know if it didn't go through.

Thanks!!!

Ok, David has me 100% set up, as I am getting a personally written novel from him.

Any advice on cameras/lenses? What lens would you suggest for taking to a place like NZ? We are spending all of our time on the south island.

Honeymoon aside, what would you take?
    Camera options include 4x5 Chamonix 045N-2 (90mm Nikon and 210mm Schneider lenses) | Hasselblad 500 C/M (80mm and 150mm lenses) | Leica M2 (50mm dual range Summicron, can borrow dad's 35mm lens)

Or perhaps there is an excuse for me to pick up a lens/focal length...I know lots of great M-Mount lenses were made, not just Leica glass.
    I am also thinking about sending my Rolleiflex off to get repaired. The shutter button has been smashed in for 2+ years. It might be a great "compromise" as opposed to taking the entire Hassie kit.

Once again, us first, then the honeymoon, then other things/having fun/etc., then photos. Don't worry, I will make a wise decision and not pack 6 cameras.
    Emily does not mind me taking photos, unless I have her sitting somewhere for 2+ hours with nothing to read/do.

Take the Chamonix and both lenses at the very least. You will need them. Tripod, yes, of course. And several books for Emily.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    Ok, David has me 100% set up, as I am getting a personally written novel from him.

Any advice on cameras/lenses? What lens would you suggest for taking to a place like NZ? We are spending all of our time on the south island.

Honeymoon aside, what would you take?
    Camera options include 4x5 Chamonix 045N-2 (90mm Nikon and 210mm Schneider lenses) | Hasselblad 500 C/M (80mm and 150mm lenses) | Leica M2 (50mm dual range Summicron, can borrow dad's 35mm lens)

Or perhaps there is an excuse for me to pick up a lens/focal length...I know lots of great M-Mount lenses were made, not just Leica glass.
    I am also thinking about sending my Rolleiflex off to get repaired. The shutter button has been smashed in for 2+ years. It might be a great "compromise" as opposed to taking the entire Hassie kit.

Once again, us first, then the honeymoon, then other things/having fun/etc., then photos. Don't worry, I will make a wise decision and not pack 6 cameras.
    Emily does not mind me taking photos, unless I have her sitting somewhere for 2+ hours with nothing to read/do.
    Not sure where you could get your Rollei repaired in time. Harry in California is backed up for four months, but you might be able to find an alternative. Good luck in whatever you do!

I would travel light.
    Take the Leica and lots of film
    Use some good tight grain film with the Leica M2 (50mm dual range Summicron, can borrow dad's 35mm lens)
    You will enjoy your time taking photographs and your new bride will not lose you for too long while you do so.
    You will be amazed at what you can achieve with a limited kit - and these two lenses are going to produce high quality images.
    Have fun - there will be places that you simply cannot tote LF gear in any comfort - Fox Glacier, Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Mt Cook -especially if you take the flight - etc
    Happy trails
    T

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    Not sure where you could get your Rollei repaired in time. Harry in California is backed up for four months, but you might be able to find an alternative. Good luck in whatever you do!
    A man named Youxin Ye repaired my Leica last year after the prism separated.
    He mentioned a guy (that speaks little english) who is in the states and could repair my Rollei. He knows and trusts him. I never looked at any alternatives or contacted this man.

Thanks all for the advice! Much appreciated.

Travel light, M2.

Buy local bug spray. Always.

I wish you had 2 months.

My prayers are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Travel light, M2.

Buy local bug spray. Always.

I wish you had 2 months.

My prayers are with you.
    Second that on the bug spray.

3 months would be better.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.