Thread: What ISO for HP5 4x5 in DDX?

What ISO for HP5 4x5 in DDX?

Have heard a lot about this combination and want to try it. My tests for HP5 4x5 in ID11 1:1 developed in Combi plan T (with inversion agitation once every minute) has been slightly more than ISO 200, and in Rodinal ISO 160: Zone I having the minimum density above that of film base plus fog.

Furthermore people talk about good local contrast or acutance this developer yields. Does Rodinal as it has been my favorite developer for HP5, come close to DDX in this regard?

Thanks in advance

DD-X seems to yield the best emulsion speed of any of the popular developers. If you are getting a personal film speed of 200 with HP5+ and ID-11, you can confidently expect 250 with DD-X and may even get 320. Personally, for the combination of HP5+ and DD-X I get 320, but my light meter and reference thermometer may give different readings than yours, thus my personal film speed for this combination may differ slightly from what you get.

I like the look of the negatives this combination yields, but I don't think that DD-X could, properly speaking, be considered a high-acutance developer.

Sorry to be off track, but what is the id notch configuration for FP5?

HP5 or FP4 Jay?

the data sheets here (pdf) show the notches

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/bw.html
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog