Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone know what kind of bulbs these are?

Re: anyone know what kind of bulbs these are?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...I can't dig out my late father's 8mm DeJur projector, but know that it used a bulb of that general configuration. It was 750W. I'm not sure the base was exactly the same, though...
    This is same model projector

and this is the bulb

Most likely a movie projector bulb. It's not readily accessible right now, so I can't dig out my late father's 8mm DeJur projector, but know that it used a bulb of that general configuration. It was 750W. I'm not sure the base was exactly the same, though.

On those occasions when a film broke and the currently projected frame stayed in the gate for longer than its usual fraction of a second, it was entertaining to watch on screen as a hole developed in the center and slowly melted outward. Until one could reach the bulb "off" switch and let the fan keep running to cool things down. Then it was time to get out the splicer and put things back together -- minus a small "jump" that would be evident in subsequent screenings.
    Maybe 500w or less but not 750w.

Dang 750W!!!

You see how there's a top reel and a bottom reel to this? Guy gave me a box full of stuff and one of them looks like 2 reels in an enclosure that you snap into that. Kinda cool.

Now to find someone out here that needs it! I don't want it, I want to give this stuff away.

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    I guess that this thing just sits on the highest part of the enlarger, and the heat just rises like some old, hot slide projector that has no cooling fan... And it dosen't heat the enlarger chassis/stage...

But Jac, you are welcome to PM me or post ??? about the many upgrades (including cooling) to the different Leitz models... Adding a small 6X6 format colorhead where the top half of the IIa lamphouse sits is a major upgrade!!! (Details later...)

Steve K
    Steve, we need some help from another member who found the subtle differences between the cooling hood/bonnet and what-fits-what. So sorry that I purged my mailbox. Mine fits a Valoy, but not a II* series enlarger. Bummer! I love the IIa. I'm sure I would like a IIc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Steve, we need some help from another member who found the subtle differences between the cooling hood/bonnet and what-fits-what. So sorry that I purged my mailbox. Mine fits a Valoy, but not a II* series enlarger. Bummer! I love the IIa. I'm sure I would like a IIc.
    I have collected a large # of Leitz enlargers + accessories (in a period of personal weakness) early last decade, (esp when the auction site started up in Europe, and used parts could finally be had) and I did get an example of most of the enlargers they made... I was putting together a IIa, when I was offered a IIc frame, and managed to do a VERY nice restoration on it... I like that each of these had a slightly different "look" for different printing applications (I like the IIa for printing very old rollfilm negs, as it has a slightly softer contrast "old skool" look that matches these, but the IIc for post 60's negs... I probably should sell one of these, but it would be a tough decision!!! Though I think 35mm is best served with a Valoy II, Ic, or V35 for color, where these make a bigger difference...

All of my enlargers & stuff are still in storage from my move, but when I get settled (hopefully in an industral space), I can pull out parts and measure whatever you need, and I have MANY upgrades that can be added... (I think of Leitz enlarger frames a lot like basic Formula 1 race car chassis' that can be re-configured different ways for different applications, and not too hard to make/replace parts for...)

It's very hot here, but maybe overnight, I'll go down to the lounge for a kool drink and start a post about Leitz enlargers (and stop hi-jacking this thread), so think of any questions you might have, and a wish list of what you might like your enlarger to possibly do or do better... :-)

These enlargers are the best reason not to trash or sell your smaller format film gear!!!

'Till later...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Maybe 500w or less but not 750w.
    Yup, 750W:

There was originally some identifying printing on the very top, in grey type in the black area.

Led Stadium

I think is, this is using in commercial head light bulb.

I worked in a camera store for a few months in the early 70's and sold these. It is for certain a projection lamp most likely for a movie projector. Similar bulbs we're used in old fresnel spot lights. I had a couple that used up to 1000 watt in that style. But it's most likely from a movie or older slide projector. Sylvania, GE and Westinghouse we're common manufacturers of them.