My LF journey begins. About two years ago I began my return to film. I clearly remember how happy I was with the advent of digital photography: finally, no more waiting for film processing. But in those days I had never considered processing my own film. This time I took the dive, spent my $75.00 to buy Paterson tank, dark bag, and chemicals, and discovered a new joy in film. Much of that joy has been rooted in overcoming the frustrations that I imagine all film photographers go through as they begin the film processing journey. As I considered LF, I could not help but think it presents a whole new universe of possible mistakes, frustrations, and feelings of accomplishment.....I'm in. Rather than take my usual route of trying to find a bargain, i.e buy something on the cheap and wind up, through repair costs, paying what I should have in the first place, I decided to forgo that frustration and traded a highly regarded digital camera for a very nice Linhof Master Technica and 120mm Rodenstock lens.

I picked the camera up on my way to Illinois. The below is the best of six frames I shot during the trip. Film is HP5. I think I am going to enjoy this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img688.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	168838