Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing/Stolen View Camera magazines

Missing/Stolen View Camera magazines

We are missing our master set of View Camera magazines from our office. If anyone begins selling a set of these magazines or numbers of back issues please let me know.

steve simmons

Will do, Steve. What dates are missing from the office? Is there any way to tell them apart from ordinary back issues of VIEW CAMERA magazine?

A complete set from the first issue. Many of them will say 'Office Copy" on the front cover

Thanks for the information, Steve. I checked EBay a short while ago, and there were no listings as of yet for any copies of VIEW CAMERA. It is going to be hard for someone to try and sell those magazines after this news gets around, but I will keep my eyes and ears open.

I'll keep an eye on Ebay and the regular photo forums I follow.

Best of luck Steve!

Steve,

If they were stolen you may want to figure out how to offer the person an anonymous way to return them to you. A reward may also help. Your posting here and other places may scare them into chucking them into a dumpster when they realize the high potential for getting caught.

Best of luck in recovering them.

Unbelievable.

Two things that one can possibly deduce from this situation. A common criminal was probably not involved because simply put as valuable as these magazines are to you, they have zero pawn value and will more than likely not show up for sale on E Bay or anywhere else. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that any rational large format type would go to these extremes and take such personal risk to catch up on past issues that they do not have in their library. There are other means to secure this information.

Have you gotten cross threaded with anyone lately? I hope that I am wrong in this ascertion but this scenario to me smells very personal. Live and learn.

I didn't do it!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Eric Biggerstaff

This stinks!

I would think if it were a common theif your office would of been cleared out of everything but the magazines! Who steals magazines?

I am sad to think that a person in our small LF community would/could do such a thing if indeed that is what occured. I know there is value in them but only to other LF photographers, and who would be dumb enough to post them for sale ( oh, sorry I forgot, they were dumb enough to steal them in the first place!).

Any chance it was a disgruntled former employee with a grudge and a spare key?
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Keep us posted. If they do not show up in the next couple of week, perhaps we can collect old issues from the list members and put together a set. I have a pretty complete collection of the first 15 years I am willing to donate - while I like to read them occasionally, you need a set more than I need more paper in my life.:-) Then if you ever scan them onto CD, you can give the contributors a set back on CD.