Thread: New from MN

New from MN

Hello from MN!

I have recently came back to large format after swearing it off years ago. My first camera was a Cambo monorail, and I hated it. In fact, I hated everything about it! I sold the camera and swore off large format for ever.

Over the last 6 years I gained much more knowledge of film, processing, and photography in general. Well, I am back shooting 4x5 and loving it! I have been having so much fun shooting large format and learning more everyday. I think the fact that I am using a field camera has helped me out so much!

Soon my Chamonix 45H-1 should arrive and I am super excited!

This forum has been a blessing for me, and I have gained so much information so thank you.

I also shoot a lot of 35mm and Medium Format, but LF has taken my heart lately!

Re: New from MN

Matts,

Welcome back to LF.

My Cambo 4x5 monorail was only LF camera for decades. Loved it. I've never used a field camera.

Hope you enjoy the Chamonix. It's a beautiful piece of equipment.

Rich

Foamer

I started with a Cambo monorail and have ended up with a Chamonix 045n. World of difference.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

I recently got a Chamonix 45N-2 and I love it. Easy to use. Simple. Light.

And welcome back!
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Glad to know there is a lot of love for the Chamonix! I had such a positive experience dealing with the company I knew it was my best option.

Kevin Kolosky

What are you finding around Rosemount to shoot? Pretty flat farmland around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin J. Kolosky View Post
    What are you finding around Rosemount to shoot? Pretty flat farmland around there.
    Lots!!! There are parts of the Umore park that you can still access, cemetery's, lots of amazing farmland, and Hastings is not far away! I love going to Hastings to shoot!