Thread: Wasn't there a guy who builds 8x10 daylight tanks?

Wasn't there a guy who builds 8x10 daylight tanks?

I'm dating myself here. I think I remember seeing this a while ago but didn't bookmark.

I think I remember someone selling or making something that looks like the slim 4x5 daylight processing tank but in metal for 8x10. Remember that?

Re: WAsn't there a guy who builds 8x10 daylight tanks?

Not sure if this is what you're remembering, but Tim Klein of Stearman Press initiated a Kickstarter awhile back for an 8x10 version of his SP-445, but he ended the campaign early. See: https://shop.stearmanpress.com/blogs...cessing-system for some info.

Ah yes, Vinny Walsh. That was it. Oh well, looks like it wasn't working out.

I'll plan on figuring out how to do 8x10 C41 sheet film by tray. I'm sure its possible

Apart from the (ahem) aroma issues, you may have trouble holding 100.5F in trays. I ran a C-41 line for twenty years, but it was a roller-transport Kreonite machine, so I can't offer much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Ah yes, Vinny Walsh. That was it. Oh well, looks like it wasn't working out.
    I'll plan on figuring out how to do 8x10 C41 sheet film by tray. I'm sure its possible
    It us likely that Vinny's product was not selling but it was not defective,

For 8x10 C41 you might look to one of two brands of 'rocker' or canoe trays. I use three Honeywell rocking film trays (although one will do.) Their virtue is that they use very little chemistry, are stainless steel and hold temperature in a water bath. Here is another brand, Heath. I prefer the Honeywell brand because it has very good emptying ports on each side, and a good film/paper retainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Apart from the (ahem) aroma issues, you may have trouble holding 100.5F in trays. I ran a C-41 line for twenty years, but it was a roller-transport Kreonite machine, so I can't offer much more than that.
    Ohhh didn't think about the stink! Forgot about that. As for temp, I was thinking a double bath would work. Sounding harder than I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    It us likely that Vinny's product was not selling but it was not defective,

For 8x10 C41 you might look to one of two brands of 'rocker' or canoe trays. I use three Honeywell rocking film trays (although one will do.) Their virtue is that they use very little chemistry, are stainless steel and hold temperature in a water bath. Here is another brand, Heath. I prefer the Honeywell brand because it has very good emptying ports on each side, and a good film/paper retainer.

Ahhh, I think I saw something similar while browsing B&H. And I thought, why would I need a rocker I can just use trays. But I'll have to look at those rockers again. May work well with c41 sheet film

But I did at one time have cats, and I hated cleaning the litter so I got me a really good 3m mask one time. I bet that will work!

I totally forgot that I have 2 or 3 large 8x10 processing tubes in storage! Hahahaha! That should work right? I bought them here years ago. They were welder's tubes. I can just spin them around in a large tub of hot h20 right?