Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to sell my darkroom equipment?

Re: Where to sell my darkroom equipment?

I have not read through all of the posts here, but I paid the princely sum of $20 for mine 3 years ago from Craig's list

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Js06 View Post
    You might also post this question and list over at forum dedicated to analog users, and not only get some price suggestions but offers.
    I'm guessing that with an entire year gone by I'd have to guess the OP has already made a move and the gear has been sold (though that I don't know for sure). and as for your suggestion of moving listing on "forum dedicated to analog users" WHAT ARE WE USING HERE????? About 80% film users here If I was to guess maybe higher.

The OP could certainly COULD HAVE listed the enlarging gear for sell right here on this MOSTLY ANALOG forum but instead complained of the 30 day rule. Oh well....

Eric Woodbury

Two months ago, I bought a CB7 (my second) from Craigslist. I had a devil of a time to find it. (I saw the $150 one that is mentioned above...it's garbage.) The CB7 I bought was in Chico and I'm 550 miles away. The seller dropped it at my sister's house, which was a 150 mile trip for him. The seller was a dealer and had received the enlarger as part of a package from Fresno City College (well travelled enlargers). He told me he 'didn't have the heart to take them to the dump'. I paid $100, but I had to take the Omega D6 with color head too. Package deal. 2 enlargers for $100. Both pieces in fantastic shape.

A few years ago it was easier to find darkroom equipment, but not so much now. I was buying little enlargers for a friend of mine that teaches high school here. She was setting up a wet lab. Now it is rare to find an enlarger on Craigslist in my town. High-end, mailable darkroom equipment can still be sold, but the plentiful generic items are worthless. Sad but true.

Eric, I hate you.....

I've wanted a CB7 for years. The only one I've seen on Ebay or Craigslist was in Las Vegas-and I live in Alabama!

Eric Woodbury

Mr Fujicaman, we need to find you one. Did you try an add here in the WTB section?

Well, I really want one, but will have to wait until other bills get paid. (crap!)

It took me 2 years to find a Durst 8x10 enlarger.
    When I did find it, it was a days triip per direction, and well worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Well, I really want one, but will have to wait until other bills get paid. (crap!)
    I used to have that problem, then I dumped my girlfriend.
    Now I am only working casually, bought several thousand dollars of camera gear, and taken a 10 day holiday. The scary thing is I still have money in the bank ( not much though )

Life is so much better now

I finally make enough I can start acquiring the items I want and build that dark room. I use 4x5, but want to try 5x7 and 8x10. I am leaving a wally blank so I can make 32x40 prints and the occasional 36-40 inch pano. But I got kids and a wife so I am not really in charge of the money and to do list.

Well Steve, this is a warning.
    Once I bought an 5x7 I almost put my 4x5 away and forgot about it. It only comes out on trips.
    Now that I also own an 8x10, my 5x7 is still my choice camera for hikes and most every day photography. However the 8x10 gets its fair share of use when I want more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    I finally make enough I can start acquiring the items I want and build that dark room. I use 4x5, but want to try 5x7 and 8x10. I am leaving a wally blank so I can make 32x40 prints and the occasional 36-40 inch pano. But I got kids and a wife so I am not really in charge of the money and to do list.
    Just make sure you have the enough power at the right voltage, cathedral ceiling height and venting for the head if it’s a big one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro