Tomorrow I'm leaving for a trip to Colorado. For 3 to 5 days I'll be up in the Sangre de Cristo mountains going in from the east at Walsenburg. Years ago I traveled that area numerous times, and am looking forward to being there again. I'll be on the Hermit Pass road which follows Taylor Creek. And, btw, there is excellent trout fishing. Hermit Pass has accounted for many successful 4x5 photos in past years. I plan to bring my 4x5 gear with color and b&w film. I may also check out Medano Pass for the east. It's currently closed but if it's open in a few days I will give it a try. If luck holds out I'd like to re-visit the Upper Huerfano Valley which goes up the scenic valley below Blanca Peak from the north. There are nice views of the north face of Blanca on that road. I have some old family history in there. If anyone may be in the area, look for my old white FJ62 LandCruiser.

I intentionally spilled the beans on a few of my favorite locations. The top of Hermit Pass is very accessible with a 4WD truck and has great views and Hermit Peak and Rito Alto Peak are short hikes from there. I'll gladly add more detail about the are if anyone asks.