Thread: Does anyone use "flip .pdf" features on their website?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does anyone use "flip .pdf" features on their website?

Is this a good promotion tool, or is it too cute? I'm thinking targeted brochures for various client segments. Each brochure would be a mini-portfolio catering to the client's interest.

Sure, it's content normally found in a website portfolio. Question is, does the "flip" functionality add value, or create more interest, vs. not having it?

Re: Does anyone use "flip .pdf" features on their website?

You can create any number of ebook or PDF presentations on your website. The trick is still getting your target audience to your site and getting them to launch your presentation. One down side to enclosed presentations is that Google can not usually crawl them so natural searches may not find your content within your flip book.
    However sharing on FB and other social media will draw in the users who like such media. I used to read FLIPBOARD on my phone but I got bored with the articles.
    Brooks Jensen has some interesting thoughts on using PDFs on his Lenswork site or BrookJensenArts.

Creating videos for youtube is another avenue to explore. Videos can be static content displayed in a logical timeline or can be full blown commercials for something you are passionate about. Keep them under 5 minutes and build a series.
    If you run a blog or know how to use Javascript there are various tools which create dynamic content sliders for websites/blogs.

Here is one PDF I created based on a trip to Mt Charleston Loop near Las Vegas. I have been toying with the idea of making it a regular feature on my blog whenever I have "special" outings.
    Web Page: http://www.searing.photography/mt-ch...n-loop-nevada/
    PDF: http://searing.photography/wp-conten...loop.pages.pdf
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    Creating videos for YouTube is another avenue to explore. Videos can be static content displayed in a logical timeline or can be full blown commercials for something you are passionate about. Keep them under 5 minutes and build a series.
    If you do decide to create some YouTube content, please PLEASE be thoughtful about the audio:
    * Do not try to record it in a typical room while the microphone is on the camera because it could sound like you are talking into a metal can.
    * Please do have a quality microphone quite near to your mouth.
    * Consider using a headset so the audio is uniform if you move your head.

You can have excellent content and valuable information but if the audio is bad, potential viewers will be turned off.
    Last edited by AtlantaTerry; 15-Jul-2017 at 00:37. Reason: Improving my prose.

Thanks endearing, your comments give me a lot to consider.

Thanks Terry. Video content would be nice.