Doremus,

I like your clever design idea for getting extra movement. But to answer your question, the Technika style boards can't be reverse mounted on the Chamonix. There are reasonably priced boards from China on the auction site. That's where I got my center hole boards and I'm very happy with the quality.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
The real question here is: Do the Chamonix cameras require a lensboard with an offset hole in order for the lens to be centered on the film? If so, that explains why they have lensboards with offset holes as default. If not, then it would appear to be a design flaw. No one seems to have looked at their Chamonix camera and determined where center should be yet...

As an aside, I've always thought that the ideal camera design would incorporate a square lensboard that had a mounting hole intentionally offset from center. It would be able to be mounted in all four orientations so that the offset could add a little extra distance to the rise, fall and shifts in both directions. Centering would be accomplished by shifting a bit in the opposite direction of the offset. I modified my Woodman camera a bit to allow mounting Technika boards upside-down to get extra rise; it was a real help at times. Can the Technika boards be mounted upside-down on the Chamonix cameras?

Best,

Doremus