Quote Originally Posted by EH21 View Post
Rich,
If that is an LED light box, then quite possibly you will be missing some color. I've been working with different digital camera capture scanning methods myself, but the color of the LED and other light sources can cause problems. I am using the Sekonic C-700 spectrum analyizer to measure the light source.
CRI is one thing but a light source can still report relatively high CRI and have some colors attenuated - often in the Reds. Quite honestly I am skeptical that your D800e with that setup is giving you more accurate colors unless you have somehow made an input profile for that light source for your camera.
Certainly the Tango scan looked much better to me in the images shared.
I haven't made a camera input profile yet. I'm going to try to get that done later today. I have only set the camera's white balance to the LED panel as a Custom setting.

A histogram of the light source shows three RGB peaks of about equal height and width, for whatever spectral information that conveys.

I'll make the input profile using my IT8 transmissive Q60 4x5 and generate the ICC profile with Argyll CMS. I wish there we're a way to use that profile in ACR. But ACR only accepts reflective input profiles made from a Color Checker chart, saved in DNG format (as far as I know). I would be able to apply the ICC profile in PS after processing the RAW file, but I want to apply it in the RAW processing stage. ACR doesn't expect cameras to be profiled as scanning devices.

I believe some of the other RAW processing programs, RAW Therapee, for instance accept ICC input profiles. Anyone know?