Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refurbished Rittreck View 5x7 Field Camera

Re: Refurbished Rittreck View 5x7 Field Camera

cool to see the repair with the bolt went so well. makes me wish I had had success with my mechanical adventure today. I have a seized and frozen shaft in my roll film back that refuses to release. But happy I at least managed to take it all apart and put it back together, even If I didnt make the fix!

i was going to suggest have a new bolt machined, but looks like you built your own fantastic bolt from kit parts!
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

Yup, I would have gone with the new, machined bolt, if this had not worked, but it did!

And this was the last bit of work the camera needed to make it work as well as when new. If the weather holds, I'll be doing some basic testing this weekend: light leaks, locking down of movements in the real world, etc. I'll start with some 120 film in my 6x12 holder, and try developing my own film for the first time, too!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stawastawa View Post
    cool to see the repair with the bolt went so well. makes me wish I had had success with my mechanical adventure today. I have a seized and frozen shaft in my roll film back that refuses to release. But happy I at least managed to take it all apart and put it back together, even If I didnt make the fix!

i was going to suggest have a new bolt machined, but looks like you built your own fantastic bolt from kit parts!
    A trip to the freezer, then a little heat may loosen the shaft (The amount of heat depends on the materials).