Thread: Hello from Point Pelee Canada

Hello from Point Pelee Canada

Hi all,

Pardon this late introduction; I've been visiting on and off for quite awhile, but haven't gotten around to breaking the ice. I really was going to introduce myself when I joined, but that was at a time when new members were suspected of being William Littman clones, so I thought it wiser to wait a bit. (By the way, I hear he's a great guy, and his perfectable paralellism innovation is truly groundbreaking... )

I cut my LF teeth on a Calumet CC-400, moved on to a Shakey Jake B&J 8x10, and in the last year, have fallen in love with my Chamonix 45-N2. It truly is a great camera.

Anyway, I'm not sure that I've got much to contribute among such august company. I've got no real knowledge worth sharing. (anything of value I know, I learned here... all my misconceptions come from that other site.) Ditto for opinions. I have learned quite a bit from you all over the years, and hope to learn more in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dam-and-footbridge---Ganano.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	166691

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the Points System. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Re: Hello from Point Pelee Canada

Welcome aboard! Point Pelee is on Lake Erie, I believe? So you have plenty of subject matter at hand... don't be shy about sharing thoughts and pictures... as you've realized, no one else here is.

Welcome to the community!

I'm a delighted Chamonix 45N-2 user in Ann Arbor, MI. You live in one of the best birding hotspots in the world!
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Happy 150th!

Les

Welcome to LF forum. Congrats on the 150th anniversary. Ha, you just might be able to see (a panorama ?) bunch of fireworks on the 4th in the distance.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Welcome to LF forum. Congrats on the 150th anniversary. Ha, you just might be able to see (a panorama ?) bunch of fireworks on the 4th in the distance.

Les
    Actually, that is a favourite (note the spelling) pass time at our house on July 4. From our backyard, we can see fireworks displays from Cleveland (almost... TBH I think that is more wishful thinking than actual fact) to Toledo. For a frame of reference, if you take a map of Canada and stick a pin in the most southerly point, we would have to fix our roof.

Today I am VERY proud and humbled to be Canadian. Our impact in the world may not be that much in the scheme of things, but we are steadfast.

Tom

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the Points System. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Don't be intimidated, Tom. When I first joined, I felt the way that you do. I'm still not as knowledgeable as quite a few on here and probably never will be. I know enough to help with the newbie's questions that many are bored with (What camera should I buy?). I've gradually learned as I've gone so I can help with more questions now. Just join our discussions when you can and eventually you will find that you've made more posts than you ever thought you would!

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you!

Alan

Tom,

Welcome to the asylum / community.

One summer as a student, working for Ontario Hydro (that was what it was called at that time), I spent part of a summer south of you working on Pelee Island.

Grew up in the Windsor area, so been to Point Pelee a few times, including camping there. way back when as a mere child.

Enjoy your time here and don't be shy.

Hope you had a good Canada Day,

Len

Welcome to the LFPF Tom!
    --
    Being, that I am located quite close to you...
    I believe that we have spoken (on the telephone) -- Before?

Therefore, please feel free to shoot me a PM -- Okay?
    Thank-you! Regards, -Tim.
    _______

Quote Originally Posted by toffle View Post

Today I am VERY proud and humbled to be Canadian. Our impact in the world may not be that much in the scheme of things, but we are steadfast.

Tom

Obviously, you didn't watch the series, A World Without Canada, narrated by Dan Aykroyd. Our impact and influence has been really huuuuuuge.
    Welcome to the forum!