Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

  1. #11
    Mark Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    5,141

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Why spend money on manufactured wood scrapers when a scrap of broken window glass is sharper and works better. Wood workers have been using this for centuries.
    YES!!! I say chug half a bottle of Crown Royal and bust a few windows! That'll do the trick!

    Trust us, John. We're your friends...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

  2. #12
    multi format
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    local
    Posts
    3,711

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    fantastic john!

    now, to celebrate

    Sophia Loren Shim

    2 oz Aperol
    1 oz fresh lemon juice
    1/2 oz bourbon (to qualify as low-alcohol a drink cannot contain more than 1/2 oz of an 80-proof or higher spirit)
    4 dashes rhubarb bitters

    cheers !
    john

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Sadly the present day Crown Royal bags don't hold a candle to those of the 1960's.
    Bill
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    fantastic john!

    now, to celebrate

    Sophia Loren Shim

    2 oz Aperol
    1 oz fresh lemon juice
    1/2 oz bourbon (to qualify as low-alcohol a drink cannot contain more than 1/2 oz of an 80-proof or higher spirit)
    4 dashes rhubarb bitters

    cheers !
    john
    I'll drink to that!
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  5. #15
    Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    They Say It Rains Here A Lot - They Lie
    Posts
    226

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Sadly the present day Crown Royal bags don't hold a candle to those of the 1960's.
    Nothing good ever lasts.
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    As an alternative to a Royal Crown bag, see what a jewelry store supplier might have. Or try The Container Store.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    As an alternative to a Royal Crown bag, see what a jewelry store supplier might have. Or try The Container Store.
    It's cheaper to go to a liquor store than to a jewelry store
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  8. #18
    multi format
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    local
    Posts
    3,711

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    It's cheaper to go to a liquor store than to a jewelry store
    especially since you are going to be there anyways to pick up "supplies"
    BTW the note about only 1/2 oz bourbon can be ignored if you need to celebrate a little more

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: What to do? Betrayed by Sophia...

    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    especially since you are going to be there anyways to pick up "supplies"
    BTW the note about only 1/2 oz bourbon can be ignored if you need to celebrate a little more
    I like the way you think, john!
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,002

    that is not what I said

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    It's cheaper to go to a liquor store than to a jewelry store
    NO! That is NOT what I wrote. I said, "see what a jewelry store supplier might have". These stores sell display cases, watch holders, ring boxes, (possibly) velvet bags, etc. They do NOT sell jewelry.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •