Thread: Recommended lodging at Grand Teton NP?

Recommended lodging at Grand Teton NP?

There's the possibility of a trip to the park but my fellow travel ain't a camper (a baaad start if you ask me, but I thought I'd ask just the same!)
    Since back packing isn't in the cards are there photo opportunities close to the road at GTNP?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Recommended lodging at Grand Teton NP?

Have twice stayed with my family at Colter Bay in the cabins, and really liked them both times. Somewhat rustic, which I liked.

Plenty of photo opportunities not far from the road - even from the road. I think GTNP is far more scenic than nearby Yellowstone, but if you are going to GTNP you might as well see both.

Bob

If you can get a good home equity loan ( ), stay at the Jackson Lake Lodge.

Yellowstone is utterly amazing, but the Tetons are transcendent--from the Jackson Hole/Jackson Lake side. 25 miles apart on the Rockefeller Parkway.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

There's a smallish place nearby - http://www.firesidejacksonhole.com - that has cabins as well as an RV park. You'll have to decide if the cost is within your budget - it seems high to me, but the area isn't exactly cheap. We stayed at the RV park (with a rented trailer through RVShare) a couple of weeks ago. The wifi is great (can't say that about the KOA at West Yellowstone) and it's run by a family; very friendly. Within easy walking distance, there are two restaurants - one Italian, one ?BBQ? The latter wasn't open yet when we were there, but the Italian place was really good. The fireside is a few miles outside of Jackson and it's an easy drive from it into the park. There are definitely plenty of shots without walking more than 50 yards from the car.