Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wimped out...

Re: I wimped out...

I gave the shotgun sling a good test today, and it worked like a dream!
    Oh, I got a cheap dog collar from Dollar Store to keep the legs together---it was the smallest one they had and a nifty electric blue color.
    The padding on the shotgun sling was a joy though! I lugged it from the Lewis Creek trailhead on 41 down to a couple of locations at Corlieu Falls then back up.
    Definitely a thumbs up for this one!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

(Shrek)

The older version of Manfrotto's shoulder strap have a 3/8" stud with a swivel that screw into the top of the tripod. I've used one with 3 different tripods now for 25 years or so.

I have, in the past, bought camera bags at a Pawn Shop for low bucks. sometimes just for the dividers or the straps.

Here in Houston, Collector's Firearms has a bargain grab bag with used rifle cases, holsters and straps at clearance prices (you can sometimes negotiate the price down).

For moving around my wooden tripod, I have trussed up the legs with nylon dog collars and snapped the swivel clips of an old hippie-style camera strap to the rings on each collar.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Small town, South Carolina, US

Great idea! I have one similar for my old double barrel shotgun. Now have a new use for it.