Thread: Schneider Tele Arton 180mm f5.5 info needed

Schneider Tele Arton 180mm f5.5 info needed

Hey do you guys have any info on Scneider Tele arton 180mm f5.5 ? i found no info and i was wondering for what it was purposed.
    Lens does not have shutter. this is the only photo that I have.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teelearton.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	166080

Re: Schneider Tele Arton 180mm f5.5 info needed

Not sure what this shutterless version was for, maybe some projection setup or for an industrial use? In a 1967 brochure, Schneider lists two 180mm Tele-Artons, f/4 and f/5.5. The former came in a size 1 shutter, the latter in size 0. Whether yours will fit in a size 0 is an open question - cells from barrel lenses are sometimes the same as for the shuttered version, sometimes not. Both versions are listed with 35° coverage, 110mm image circle, for 6x9cm film. An older (1956) brochure lists only the f/5.5 version and a 110mm image circle for f/5.5 and 119mm for f/32.

Thanks. Probalby no info on value ? i somewhere saw that prototype of this lens was for hasselblad but had different barrel

It's a standard Schneider Blendenkorper #0. Threads and distances are exactly the same as in a normal modern #0 shutter. The lens can be remounted in minutes.

Funny enough, I own the 5.5/180 in shutter and put it on my Pentax 645, never using the lens shutter.... would actually prefer the barrel version.

I like the one I have in a shutter, though my shutter is busted so I mostly use it on bulb for long exposures. wish the shutter were good so I could use it for handheld shots. Main thing to know is it probably only cover 6x9 and would vignette on 4x5.
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail