Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sekonic L758 Light Meter Question

Re: Sekonic L758 Light Meter Question

My 15mm doesn't have any marking in between the f stops but im sure I can now make something up.

Thanks for all the replies

I just use T mode all the time and look at the scale at the bottom, I completely ignore the big f/stop number.

In the aperture priority mode the EV scale displayed on the bottom, and it divided in 1/2 and 1/3 of the stop. It is just necessary to get used to it. I always measure highlights first, and save it in the memory. After if i want, i measure something important in between the highlights and the shadows and save it in the memory again. This step actually can be avoided if you not interested where some particular medium tone will fall. And the last measurement I do on the shadows and saving it in the memory to. Those 3 measurements if saved to memory, will be displayed on the EV scale at the bottom of the meter screen and will give you all information about the light reflected from the subject, and you can judge what development needed. Measuring shadows last helping to avoid use "Memory recall" function and saving some time. The last measurement will be displayed on the meters screen and you just need to make you judgments where to place it. Usually we placing shadows on the zone 3, so setup the ISO2 button the way it show you the exposure parameters for zone 3 placement. Now look on the EV scale at the bottom of the screen. Let say you shadows value feel somewhere between EV numbers -3 and -4. If it located more close to number -3, than you have 1/3 of a stop. If it is in the middle between -3 and -4, then 1/2 of a stop and if the mark located close to the number -4, then you have a 2/3 of a stop. So basically the meter doing all roundups for you automatically and you even don't need to pay any attention to those decimal numbers at all. I hope this help.