Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

  1. #11
    the Docter is in Arne Croell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1997
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    I use one of those sticky lint rollers on the inside surfaces before using it.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    My biggest issue with the Harrison tent is that the cat thinks it's hers. Damp cloth seems to fix the problem. Maybe I'm not a purr-fectionist

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    338

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    Jim, as a cat lover I'm deeply touched by your selfishness. I beg you, in the name of your cat, to go and buy her her own Harrison tent, a cheap one from Ebay, not even in good shape, doesn't need to be light tight.
    You will have good conscience, a happy cat and my appreciation.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    And maybe I can teach her to load film holders while she's in there.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    338

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    I'm slightly worried it could be asking too much. On the contrary, she could surely help with dusting them.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    603

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    My biggest issue with the Harrison tent is that the cat thinks it's hers. Damp cloth seems to fix the problem. Maybe I'm not a purr-fectionist
    boxes and paper sacks I would hope make cheap alternatives for the cat.

    Thanks all for the tent upkeep tips.
    One other that the makers stress is storage - don't stuff it all up, give it space to relax - they recommend a cardboard box, I prefer a plastic tub with vent holes in it.
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SooooCal/LA USA
    Posts
    998

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by stawastawa View Post
    boxes and paper sacks I would hope make cheap alternatives for the cat.

    Thanks all for the tent upkeep tips.
    One other that the makers stress is storage - don't stuff it all up, give it space to relax - they recommend a cardboard box, I prefer a plastic tub with vent holes in it.
    And keep it relaxed because over time, the material out-gasses, and the gases can further attack itself, making it sticky, and slowly melt the coatings... (I had some older softboxes, and rain jackets stored up tight, and over time the coatings ate themselves...)

    And make sure the tent is bone dry before storage, as they can mildew and smell too ripe when you next use 'em... And if you use them when you are sweaty, the salts of you can leave a residue...

    Steve K

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    142

    Re: Harrison changing tent issues with dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    And keep it relaxed because over time, the material out-gasses, and the gases can further attack itself, making it sticky, and slowly melt the coatings... (I had some older softboxes, and rain jackets stored up tight, and over time the coatings ate themselves...)

    And make sure the tent is bone dry before storage, as they can mildew and smell too ripe when you next use 'em... And if you use them when you are sweaty, the salts of you can leave a residue...

    Steve K
    Heat can be an issue with these type of coated fabric's. I ruined a good tent by leaving it in a hot car.

    Serge

Similar Threads

  1. How do you keep out dust from tent or changing bag?
    By Marcus Carlsson in forum Gear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9-Apr-2008, 04:15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •