Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Book by Merg Ross

Re: New Book by Merg Ross

Merg's book is a treasure.

Not only are Merg's vision and his resulting images remarkable, the written content is most enjoyable. Merg tells a wonderful story of a life in photography. Merg's experiences and observations provide a most interesting and worthwhile read.

Thank you, Merg... And belated Happy Birthday wishes... And many, many more !

Best regards,

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    Merg's book is a treasure.

Not only are Merg's vision and his resulting images remarkable, the written content is most enjoyable. Merg tells a wonderful story of a life in photography. Merg's experiences and observations provide a most interesting and worthwhile read.

Thank you, Merg... And belated Happy Birthday wishes... And many, many more !

Best regards,

Dennis
    Dennis, thank you very much for the kind words.

And to Jim (Becia), thanks for your comments and original post. I am most appreciative.

Merg,

Are autographed copies of your book available?

Thanks.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Merg's book!
    Even though I've gone through it several times since it arrived, I keep picking it up and find myself entranced by the photographs and the engaging biography all over again.

The reproduction of the photos is exceptional---I was fortunate enough to see several of the originals at an exhibition and the impressions I took from the reproductions are amazingly faithful to the originals---that's really something special when viewing abstract subjects in a book!
    Thank you, Merg!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    Merg,

Are autographed copies of your book available?

Thanks.
    Yes, books are signed. For PayPal, use my email address.

Thanks for your interest.

Merg

http://www.mergross.com/book.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I've been thoroughly enjoying Merg's book!
    Even though I've gone through it several times since it arrived, I keep picking it up and find myself entranced by the photographs and the engaging biography all over again.

The reproduction of the photos is exceptional---I was fortunate enough to see several of the originals at an exhibition and the impressions I took from the reproductions are amazingly faithful to the originals---that's really something special when viewing abstract subjects in a book!
    Thank you, Merg!
    Thank you, John. I recall that day we met, many moons ago.

I have received a number of comments on the quality of the reproductions. For the record, scans were made by Brooks Jensen (Lenswork Publishing) from my original silver prints. We used stochastic printing, duotone with adjusted warm gray ink to match the originals. Over several months of pre-press tweaks, and two trips to press, we got it right. Credit is due Brooks for his skill and incredible patience!

Glad you made the summer trip, hope you are busy printing.

Merg

My book just arrived in the mail. It's excellent! I highly recommend anyone interested in photography to get one.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I received Merg's book today in the mail. Very pleased with the book's size and content. Photographs are enlightening and thought provoking.

I am tired of the "coffee table" books that are frequently pushed out. My "Coffee Table" is not large enough to hold them all.

Congratulations Merg on a high quality book.

Regards

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Quote Originally Posted by gary892 View Post
    I received Merg's book today in the mail. Very pleased with the book's size and content. Photographs are enlightening and thought provoking.

I am tired of the "coffee table" books that are frequently pushed out. My "Coffee Table" is not large enough to hold them all.

Congratulations Merg on a high quality book.

Regards

Gary
    Thank you, Gary.

The title of this thread reflects an earlier time, as the book is no longer new. However, it will be my only book, and I want to thank those who have appreciated and supported my work over the years on this forum.

Best,
    Merg

I must add my congratulations to Merg Ross for his book, and my recommendation that anyone who hasn't seen it to get a copy. Such an interesting story spanning an eventful career along with wonderful photographs. Mine came signed with a gracious note that added to my appreciation and regard for Mr. Ross and the book.

All the best to you Merg,
    BW