Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Book by Merg Ross

Re: New Book by Merg Ross

Just ordered my copy via PayPal, followed the link in the original post and used the email address there.

Roger

I’ve just finished reading the first chapter of Merg’s book, thanks to his very prompt shipping. If you’re a fan of the f.64 school of photography, don’t miss out on this one. The reproduction quality of his carefully composed images is high, and his recollections of experiences with the greats of West Coast photography is interesting and entertaining.

I would like to have the book, but will not use Paypal because of major unresolved problem in the past. Any alternative? USPS money order for instance?

Just received my copy of Mr. Ross's new book, looks very real good from what I glanced at, thanks Merg.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I would like to have the book, but will not use Paypal because of major unresolved problem in the past. Any alternative? USPS money order for instance?
    Jim, go to this link http://www.mergross.com/book.html from the first post. Merg takes will take a check or USPS money order. His email is also there.

Roger

Dave Karp

Just received mine today. I have only had a few moments to look through it quickly. I am delighted. Don't miss it!

Beyond Casual Vision is a well-printed portfolio spanning 63 years of photography by a master in the West Coast tradition. It is a valuable extension to my few dozen books on Weston and his friends and fellow photographers. While many other authors give more details as posthumous outsiders, Ross was involved with many of the iconic photographers from most of the 20th century. He even extended the attention to detail so obvious in his photography to the packaging and prompt mailing of the book.

I just finished Beyond Casual Vision. Simply stated it is fantastic. The very well written narrative takes you through Merg's fascinating photographic history developed with his experiences with the photographic legends that most of us only know of by their photographs. Merg's photographs are very well reproduced, they span from an image he made at about 13 years old to fairly new, all with the same strong vision we recognize. If I published a photograph I made at 13 it would be a slightly out of focus one of my dog.

Do yourself a favor and get a copy, you will enjoy it.

I also received a copy of Merg's book, Beyond Casual Vision, as others have noted here, outstanding work and excellent commentary on his life as a photographer andworking along side some of the greatest photographers in recent history. I have written a mini review on my blog: http://garynylander.blogspot.ca/2017...vision-by.html
    Gary Nylander,

West Kelowna, B.C., Canada
    Blog:http://garynylander.blogspot.com/
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/nylander.photo

Tim Sandstrom

just received my copy, have been through it slow a few times... some of the images are in "the canon" now - for me at least-
    one-of-a-kind bullseyes that make one glad for eyes... I'll let you decide which ones I mean Haven't read all the text, but
    am just sojourning with the images for now, quite a journey....