Thread: epson r2400

epson r2400

I'm thinking of purchasing the new epson r2400 to print B&W. Anyone using it care to comment?

epson r2400

Tim - Matthew Kraus has been testing and using his, give him a call or talk with him at the meeting next Thursday. There also have been quite a few comments in recent weeks at the Yahoo group "digitalblackandwhite:theprint," check the archives.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Doug Dolde

epson r2400

Photo-i just gave it rave reviews

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20R2400/page-1.htm

epson r2400

While I have no first-hand experience with it, everything I read about it makes me want one like mad. Everything sounds so much better than past systems I've used. I figure I'll have one inside 3 months. I can't wait.

epson r2400

" . . . so much better than past systems I've used . . . "

What past systems have you used? In what ways does the 2400 seem better?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

epson r2400

I bought the Epson R2400 last week. I printed several different types of subjects borderless up to 13x19.

I have a Canoni960. I printed the same pictures in 8 1/2 x 11 on the 2400 and i960. The vividness of the color, sharpness of picture, realness of subject printed was superior on the Canon. I am no novice.

The accompanying Epson printing software was studied, tweaked short of applying an expensive color-matching system to match monitor output to printer output. Without any adjustments to the Canon, the prints were superior to Epson's. The subject just jumped out of the prints. They were sharper and more life-like. The Epson print sort of looked washed out side by side to the Canon. When prints showed to my wife in arbitrary order ( and she's not an expert), she picked the Canon prints out over the Epson's.

So, looks like the Epson goes back for the Canon i9900 as I want to start printing in sizes larger than 8x10 and the i9900 also does 13sx19s.

epson r2400

Sounds as if you can't print B&W sections in the middle of color images with them. Either color or B&W, not mix in the image where you may want to tone specific areas with color while all else is true B&W, or the other way around.

Doug Dolde

epson r2400

I have printed (13) 13x16 and (4) 13x13 color prints on UltraSmooth Fine Art paper. Overall I have used about 50% of the ink. And this is the first set of cartridges so the second set should go better without having to charge the lines. I don't think the cost is that bad actually. $48 worth of ink for 17 large prints or ~$3 per print.

And I am VERY impressed with the print quality on this paper. The paper is very thick (325 g/m sq) and has a luxurious finish and feel. I have a 7800 on order.

I prefer the look over Lightjet prints on Fuji Crystal Archive matte paper. A 12x18 Lightjet print from WCi costs $20.00 so I figure they are about 1/3 the cost not to mention I don't have to wait a week or two to get them.

Light Magenta and Light Black are used the fastest.

Screen shot

Doug Dolde

epson r2400

A few months later...it's still performing very well....but sucks ink like a pig.