Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to my wife eyes

Re: What happened to my wife eyes

My wife went to get her license renewed the other day. They always take a new photo and they use a flash, so slow speeds are not an issue. The prints come out immediately, but I don't know what system they use. Anyway, right at the time the flash went off, my wife was in the middle of a blink, and the picture had to be taken over again. The clerk said, "That happens all the time". They took another picture, and the SAME THING happened!!! They tried a third picture, and sure enough, another blink. At this point, the line was getting pretty long, and my wife was getting some long looks. Fortunately, the fourth was a charm.

I've had a lot of license pictures taken over the years and never had that problem, but the last time I went in, I was told to remove my eyeglasses. I've never been told that before, and pointed out that if my license shows me without glasses, it won't look anything like me if I am pulled over -- because I always wear my glasses when I drive. Still, she insisted. I said "OK, but I won't be able to find the camera!"

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    My shutter release is only about 12 inches but I like the idea of asking her to look at a hand or shoulder.....I will try it when I get home
    And get a longer release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    And get a longer release.
    I have a 40" one in my shopping basket at B&H.....I'm just undecided on what 4x5 film to get then I will ship it.
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

fwiw, this is an easy fix in post. be bit more work in the darkroom but can be done there as well.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    fwiw, this is an easy fix in post. be bit more work in the darkroom but can be done there as well.
    I tried with PScc but its beyond me........I just couldn't get it

ndwgolf, calm down. I can seriously assure you - nothing, absolutely nothing, zero, nada, happened to your wife's eyes. Absolutely nothing. She still sees as before, she still has her eyes as before. Calm down - she can still use her eyes as before. Nothing happened to her own eyes whatsoever! It's all on the negative only...
    Hope it will help you. Photography can be excruciating sometimes, can't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    ndwgolf, calm down. I can seriously assure you - nothing, absolutely nothing, zero, nada, happened to your wife's eyes. Absolutely nothing. She still sees as before, she still has her eyes as before. Calm down - she can still use her eyes as before. Nothing happened to her own eyes whatsoever! It's all on the negative only...
    Hope it will help you. Photography can be excruciating sometimes, can't it?
    Hahahahahah

Try some 400 asa film......shoot at 1/15 second...........tell her you will count to three......take the picture when you get to 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    So going forward, what would you guys recommend for trying to avoid this happing again...........faster shutter speed maybe (also limited to minimum f stop (I think the 360mm is f8) Faster film maybe..................what do you think??

Neil
    Faster shutter speed - yes - but for static, posed portraits I have always commanded my subject to blink, and then I trip the shutter right after they open their eyes.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Next time you'll get a better one, but in the meanwhile it's fairly easy to fix in Photoshop.