Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to my wife eyes

What happened to my wife eyes

Hi
    I took this picture in daylight and used a soft box as a file light. When I first saw the negative I was really excited, this was the first negative that really looked like I had got the exposure right. It wasn't until I scanned the neg and put it up the the computer that I saw that my wife eyes were all messed up.........Has anyone any idea of what I did wrong?
    Camera settings
    Wisner 4x5
    360 Nikon Lens
    shot at f32
    1/4
    Tmax 100

Any help advice would be much appreciated
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neil's_Photography_April-27,-2017_Neil's-Photography016-Edit.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	165254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neil's_Photographey_April-27,-2017_Neil's-Photography016-Edit.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	165255
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Re: What happened to my wife eyes

she blinked...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

What Jason said.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

I thought about that but wasn't sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    she blinked...

Sh!t.....I guess there is more to this than at first thought...........at least I can now blame my wife

So going forward, what would you guys recommend for trying to avoid this happing again...........faster shutter speed maybe (also limited to minimum f stop (I think the 360mm is f8) Faster film maybe..................what do you think??

Neil

Is the artifact visible in the negative? Is the image a negative scan or from a print? Sometimes clipping in the low midtones/shadows can happen when scanning negatives, depending on your scanner/software/settings.

Also can be a blink as mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Is the artifact visible in the negative? Is the image a negative scan or from a print? Sometimes clipping in the low midtones/shadows can happen when scanning negatives, depending on your scanner/software/settings.

Also can be a blink as mentioned.
    To be honest I did not check the negative out. The scanner is a Epson 850 flatbed and I just used the Epson sofware that came with the scanner (not the Silverfox)......I love that software by the way 10 x better than Silverfox and Vuescan IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    So going forward, what would you guys recommend for trying to avoid this happing again...........faster shutter speed maybe (also limited to minimum f stop (I think the 360mm is f8) Faster film maybe..................what do you think??

Neil
    Hold your hand up and tell her to watch it or to look at your shoulder, and then take the picture while she is looking and don't tell her when you press the shutter release, also, use a long enough release so you can hold it by your side or behind you while you fire the shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Hold your hand up and tell her to watch it or to look at your shoulder, and then take the picture while she is looking and don't tell her when you press the shutter release, also, use a long enough release so you can hold it by your side or behind you while you fire the shutter.
    My shutter release is only about 12 inches but I like the idea of asking her to look at a hand or shoulder.....I will try it when I get home