Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick release tripod mount

Re: Quick release tripod mount

If the RZ67 is like the RB67 that I have, there are Arca plates available for it that have two pins that fit into matching holes in the bottom of the camera so no twisting. The Mamiya 645 uses the same system.

Thank you for all the very useful information. I am going to try the FLM QRB-70 clamp and plate system as it looks like it will meet my needs.

The Linhof is what I have used for 20 years for 5x7 and smaller. The plate has multiple screw holes with an anti-slip top. Never failed me yet. For big cameras, you really can't beat Cleans. I've used it with the heaviest cameras (up to 20x24 on a Reis) and it is fast and a dream; slip snap & secure.

https://cleanscamerasupport.com/prod...uick-releases/

Good luck.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Linhof makes one that works well from 35mm to Hasselblad to larger gear. Solid and locks tight and release works even in the cold - sub zero(f) temperatures. Mine have never accidentally released.
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Linhof makes one that works well from 35mm to Hasselblad to larger gear. Solid and locks tight and release works even in the cold - sub zero(f) temperatures. Mine have never accidentally released.
    Actually they make two. One that is rectangular, which is the one that you appear to be talking about, and another one that is square.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Actually they make two. One that is rectangular, which is the one that you appear to be talking about, and another one that is square.
    Thanks Bob. Did not know that. Got mine from an extra my Uncle has. He has been using it since the 1970's and it still works well.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

For the past two years, I've used the Novoflex Q=Base quick release adapter. It's incredibly well made and let's me quickly get my cameras mounted, with an additional twist lock to allow shifting of an Arca-Swiss plate. This helps shift balance of the camera, since 120mm of bellows draw on an 8x10 is much different than at 600mm.

Vanannan

I use the Linhof Quickfix II for 5x4 upwards, for smaller formats I have an arca style clamp mounted on a Quickfix II plate, the Arca style plates are much smaller, tidier and more than adequate for the smaller cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    Thank you for all the very useful information. I am going to try the FLM QRB-70 clamp and plate system as it looks like it will meet my needs.
    I just recently acquired this plate system and am very satisfied with it. I hope you enjoy it too!

Patrick

oohhh, those Clean qr look great. would be nice to have for the 8x10 and 7x17...
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Greg,

Is it possible for you to upload a picture of your setup with the Kessler Kwik Release receiver on your Ries Tripod Head.

Thanks,

Miguel