Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 14x17 build, with filmholders and tripod

Re: 14x17 build, with filmholders and tripod

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    ...actually, from Radii's photos, it looks like an elegant solution to bellows sag is already in place underneath the bellows (wondering about the fore-and-aft adjustability of this?)...although perhaps one location might not be enough for certain situations.
    Oh, yes, both elegant and beautiful!

Perhaps if you could find a way to carefully hold the middle of the slide above the film's surface as you close the slide?
    yes, maybe some double stick tape to pull it up, or close the slide in the upright position only? Hard to do with my changing tent setup ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kinzer View Post
    For saggy bellows support, I'm wondering about those ringed tabs I often see on photos of the bellows on older LF cameras, especially those really long ones. Like those seen here. They are meant to have a rod slipped through them, like this (though the camera in that image doesn't seem to have the tab actually being used) in order to hold up the bellows. Something like a telescoping radio antenna would be ideal for the rod, though not really heavy-duty enough. A brass tube sliding within another would look nice, and I know my nearby hobby shop has brass tubes of varying diameter.
    I did consider that, but didn't know how to attach the tabs to the fabric without introducing the possibility of eventual light leaks.

...actually, from Radii's photos, it looks like an elegant solution to bellows sag is already in place underneath the bellows (wondering about the fore-and-aft adjustability of this?)...although perhaps one location might not be enough for certain situations.
    The supports I made are somewhat adjustable (the carbon fiber rod can be moved forwards and backwards, depending on bellows extension), and are far from ideal, BUT the bellows have yet to show up in a picture. So it could be argued that they work as intended, visually though, my maker's pride is hurt ! ;-)