Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proxima Centauri 4x5 camera

Re: Proxima Centauri 4x5 camera

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kinzer View Post
    ... I bet this camera is black on the inside...
    I didn't even consider the possibility that the white bellows were also white on the inside! If so, that's a recipe for too much flare, especially with lenses with lots of coverage. I like the idea of white on the outside, black on the inside though. Let's hope that's the way the camera is.

Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu Bauwens View Post
    I ordered the 8x10, let's see !
    I'll be very curious to hear your experiences! :-)

Intrepid will also be doing a 8x10 kickstarter sometime soon, interesting time to pickup a budget camera.

honest question.

have people really had heat issues using traditional wooden cameras and black bellows ? I'm in Canada I so don't see stupid hot and humid weather like the s/w or s/e.

-also, I've never used the rear knob focus (ala Phillips and this camera etc) but I think I'd be more inclined if someone made the camera with a ball joint/ knuckle, so I could keep my hands in a more ergonomic position (same position as focusing on a trad 2 or 3 bed cameras). hope that makes sense.

tia
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I think it's interesting that anyone would go through this much trouble and engineering to create a biodegradable LF camera. Apparently there's a huge problem with discarded plastic LF cameras filling the landfills and oceans. But for me, I'll stick to LF cameras which will outlast ME. On the other hand, if they design LF cameras that you can eat and actually survive on in a pinch (think: 3D printed bacon?), it just might appeal to the survivalist crowd......