Thread: A newbies shutter confusion

A newbies shutter confusion

Dear all,

I got my hands on Schneider 210mm 5.6 (front and rear lenses only) for copal 1 and am looking for a shutter.
    I have little knowledge of shutter so i turn for advice to you.
    I there are some Zriss Jena Tessar 4.5 120mm Ikon Compur lenses on auction and I do not know if i could fit my schneider in one of those.
    Also, there are some tominon 127mm and 75mm Copal 1 (Polaroid branded) options on sale which should fit, but i hear it is hard to remove the lens from the shutter?

My main goal is to use the shutter mainly as an aperture and (diy-) mounting device as this will serve as a "how a camera works" demonstration setup for children. :-)

Thanks,
    Gelo.

Re: A newbies shutter confusion

It looks like the Schneider archives show a 210 Symmar requiring a Compur 1, so a Compur or Copal 1 should be good to go. Just be careful that some of the press shutters do not have apertures.

If you want to use the lens, be wary of Polaroid Copal shutters. Many of them have limited apertures, i.e., don't open as wide as non-Polaroid Copal shutters. If all you want is a demonstration device, there's no reason not to use one.

There are two separate EBAY auctions right now for two Nikon 210mm f5.6 optincs -- no lenses, just the shutters, I think they are #1 Copals. Starting bids at $20. Seller says they work fine.